I was up in Big Horn checking the place out yesterday. They are progressing nicely.
- The plumbing is completely roughed in. They can’t completely finish all plumbing until after the counters and sinks and toilets are installed. That has to wait until work on the walls in completed.
- The electrical is completely roughed in. The wires have all been pulled. Again the outlets, switches, and lights can’t be installed until the walls are done.
- The heating is completely in now.
- The rock on the outside of the house is done.
- The walls have been insulated.
- The shaker siding on the roof peaks is done.
- The rest of the siding on the back and west side of the house are done. You can see the progress on the front and east side in the picture below.
- Sheet rocking is partially done. The master bedroom suite, laundry room, and basement bedroom suite are done. They were working on the office and haven’t started the rest of the house.
While I was in Big Horn, I met with a landscaper. He’s the same guy that did the neighbors on either side of me. He’s putting together a proposal and itemized estimate. When I review that, I’ll be able to drop elements that are too expensive. Hopefully, I’ll have that later this week or early next week. Things that he’ll be including are:
- A sprinkler system.
- A fence and puppy guard around the back of the house.
- Some earthwork along the ditch in front of the house.
- A decorative corner of the lot.
- A tree on the front of the lot.
I also finalized on color of the deck, interior paints, and stone for the fireplace. As far as I know, my builder is now in position to order all of the materials that will be required.